Who We Are. We are S2G Ventures, a venture capital firm. Our investment advisor is S2G Advisors, LLC, and we manage a number of venture capital funds under the S2G Ventures name. In accordance with industry custom, this website occasionally uses terminology that may be interpreted to suggest that our firm is actually a single entity. However, there is no such single entity, and all of the entities that comprise our firm have their own separate legal existence.
Code of Conduct. While using this Site and the Materials, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You also agree not to:
- Restrict or inhibit any other visitor from using this Site, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion of this Site;
- Transmit or otherwise make available in connection with this Site:
- any content or information that is fraudulent, threatening, intimidating, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise objectionable or would give rise to criminal or civil liability;
- any material non-public information about companies without the prior, express written authorization from such companies to do so;
- any content or information that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense or that encourages or provides instructional information about illegal or potentially illegal activities;
- any content or information that is or may be protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right without the express consent of the owner of such right; or
- any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication (except with our prior written consent);
- Engage in spamming or flooding;
- Transmit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, trojan horses, web bugs, cancelbot, “spyware,” defects, date bombs, time bombs or any other computer code, file or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment or any other actually or potentially harmful, disruptive or invasive code or component;
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of this Site or the servers or networks that host this Site or make this Site available or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such servers or networks;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, any of our agents or representatives, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make, without our prior written consent;
- “Frame” or “mirror” any part of our website without our prior written consent;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine” or in any way determine, archive, reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of this Site or its contents;
- Create a database by systematically downloading and storing all or any of the materials from this Site; or
- Interfere with or violate any other website visitor’s or user’s right to privacy or other rights or harvest or collect information about website visitors or users without their express consent.
Materials. ALL MATERIALS ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” MAY NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR ANY PURPOSE, AND ARE NOT SUBJECT TO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. In particular, we make no representations or warranties with regard to the Materials’ accuracy, completeness, non-infringement, or fitness for a particular purpose. You should be aware that a significant portion of the Materials include or consist of information that has been provided by third parties and has not been validated or verified by us. In connection with our investment activities, we often become subject to a variety of confidentiality obligations to funds, investors, portfolio companies, and other third parties. Any statements we make may be affected by those confidentiality obligations, with the result that we may be prohibited from making full disclosures. Without limitation on the effect of other warnings and disclaimers set forth in these Terms, you should interpret any statements we make (on this Site or otherwise) in that context. Please ensure that your own computer security is comprehensive and up to date. We accept no responsibility for viruses, malware, or other malicious or damaging software contained in the Materials or otherwise.
No Offer, Solicitation or, Advice. Nothing on this Site is intended to constitute (i) an offer, or solicitation of an offer, to purchase or sell any security, other asset, or service, (ii) investment advice or an offer to provide such advice, or (iii) a basis for making any investment decision. Neither this Site nor any of the Materials make any effort to present a comprehensive or balanced description of S2G Ventures or its investment activities. Any portfolio company described on this Site may not be representative of all investments made by any S2G Ventures fund and is intended to be illustrative in nature.
Restrictions on Use; No License. We reserve all rights with respect to the design and content of this Site. In particular, you must not misappropriate the design or content of this Site and you must not alter or deface such design or content in any way. Nothing on this Site grants any license with respect to such design or content, except that you may download and use Materials solely for your own personal information.
You may contact us by email at email@example.com to learn about what personal information of yours is being processed by us, to request access to such information, to rectify your inaccurate personal information in our possession, and/or to request erasure of some or all of your personal data in our systems. In order to allow us to comply with your request, you may need to provide us with personal data or other information, for example, to verify your identity and the nature of your request. Please note that we may not always be able to fully comply with your request, for example, if we are required to retain certain information about you in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Limitation of Liability. Except as otherwise specifically agreed in writing, NO S2G VENTURES INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY BASED UPON YOUR USE OF, OR RELIANCE UPON, THIS SITE OR THE MATERIALS. Some jurisdictions limit our ability to disclaim liability. With regard to those jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the greatest extent permitted by applicable law.
Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend (if we so request) and hold us, our affiliates, licensors and suppliers and our and their directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and other representatives (collectively, “indemnified parties”), harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and other legal costs) and other expenses (collectively, “losses”) that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of these Terms, including any violation of the above Code of Conduct; (b) any allegation that any information or materials you submit to us or transmit to this Site infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property, privacy or other rights of any third party; and (c) your activities in connection with this Site. You also agree to reimburse each indemnified party on demand for any losses incurred by such indemnified party to which this indemnity relates.
Miscellaneous. This Site is operated and controlled by S2G Advisors, LLC in the United States of America. If it is illegal or prohibited in your country of origin to access or use this Site, then you should not do so. Those who choose to access this Site outside the United States of America access it on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all local laws and regulations. These Terms, and any disputes relating to these Terms or your use of this Site or the Materials, shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to conflicts of laws principles. Except as otherwise agreed in writing, any disputes relating to these Terms shall be resolved exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Cook County, Illinois. These Terms set forth the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior agreements relating to such subject matter. All S2G Venture individuals and entities are intended third-party beneficiaries of these Terms. Our rights under these Terms may be waived by us only in writing. These Terms are binding on you as well as your successors and permitted assigns. In the event any provision of these Terms is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and replaced with a valid and enforceable provision as similar in intent as reasonably possible to the provision so severed, and shall not cause the invalidity or unenforceability of the remainder of these Terms.
Questions. This Site is provided by S2G Ventures. If you have any questions, comments, or complains regarding these Terms or our Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Update: May 2020